Friday, July 17, 2009

Wedding Party at Table Rock

At left: Me and my ever-fabulous Cousin Bethie.

(I guess my redneck cred is intact, since both my bra strap and shamrock tattoo are on full display!)

~*~

All the way up to the mountains yesterday, to a wedding party at Table Rock. As always, it was stunningly beautiful, but hotter than a July firecracker.

I decided to grant the bride and groom some privacy, although I have already blogged about the groom's mama (Cousin Bethie), so she doesn't get to sit this one out!

Believe it or not, I once was in good-enough shape to climb to the top of Table Rock. That was, umm, some time ago. (Going back down was scarier!) I loved it and would like to get in that kind of physical shape again. (sigh) Well, maybe.

Below:

Table Rock State Park Lodge, exterior and interior. The buildings were built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 30s and are on the Historic Register.

View of Table Rock itself, surrounding area includes the park, camping grounds, hiking trails and two lakes.

And finally, from the trail skirting the lodge, WILD DAISIES! :D

Everyone needs a WILD DAISY or two in their life.

Enjoy! And breathe in that mountain air!

~*~





More photos on Flickr.