Wednesday, July 29, 2009

50-things meme

All photos from my cheapie free Flickr account! Purty!



This 50-things meme comes courtesy of Natalia Antonova--an awesome feminist, individual, blogger, and Duke gal. :)


~*~

1. What time did you get up this morning?

My day off, so I got up at a delicious 10:30 am. Woo-hoo!


2. How do you like your steak?

Did you miss the last post? Do you mean tempeh or seitan steak? (Tamari and flax oil are fine!)


3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?

Terminator Salvation. Ugh.


4. What is your favorite TV show?

Six-Feet Under, Sopranos, Mad Men, and the old Twilight Zone and Outer Limits shows--I try never to miss the SciFi network marathons on holiday weekends!


5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

One of the barrier islands of South Carolina, particularly Folly Beach.


6. What did you have for breakfast?

According to Ayurveda, Kaphas don't need breakfast. (I've never wanted or needed it--consequently, I don't do breakfast.)


7. What is your favorite cuisine?

Mexican! They know how to do it, my friends!!!

Also love Chinese, Indian, Greek...


8. What foods do you dislike?

Any animal being grilled or baked is disgusting.


9. Favorite Place to Eat?

Stax Omega--wonderful atmosphere and service.


10. Favorite dressing?

Most any, not real picky.


11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?

2000 Saturn with a dilapidated bumper ready to fall off.


12. What are your favorite clothes?

I'm an old hippie, and if old hippies would wear it, I usually do... long skirts, jeans, t-shirts, summer dresses, etc.


13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?

Amazon, Nile, Himalayas.


14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?

Always full. :)


15. Where would you want to retire?

Folly Beach, as stated above, except during hurricane season!


16. Favorite time of day?

Dawn and dusk.


17. Where were you born?

Columbus, Ohio


18. What is your favorite sport to watch?

Basketball


19. Who do you think will not tag you back?

I don't do all that tagging stuff; I am far too disorganized, I'm sorry to admit! I have pioneered the art of the HIPPIE MEME: do it if you want to, don't bother with it if you don't. :)


20. Person you expect to tag you back first?

See above.


21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?

I'm curious about most folks, one reason I enjoy blogging and reading other blogs.


22. Bird watcher?

Not as much as I would like. I've been to a couple of bird refuges though, and they were fabulous.


23. Are you a morning person or a night person?

Night. I blame my parents, the musicians, who gave me bad habits.


24. Do you have any pets?

Two cats; one is still a baby all curled up and purring on my lap as I type. :)


25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?

My Senator, Lindsey Graham, voted to confirm Sonia Sotomayor! ((faints))

Ohhh, wait... you mean PERSONAL news? Afraid not. :(


26. What did you want to be when you were little?

A musician, like my parents.


27. What is your best childhood memory?

Halloween with my friends, also a particularly sweet Thanksgiving with my stepfather's family in Navarre, Ohio. (Also, as I've said here before, I loved the drive-in!)

I have lots of great memories of my mother and stepfather's band; I was so proud of them.


28. Are you a cat or dog person?

Cat.


29. Are you married?

For over 21 years. :)


30. Always wear your seat belt?

Sure.


31. Been in a car accident?

Once with my mother as a kid; and four times as an adult while driving.

Two were my fault, two were theirs...


32. Any pet peeves?

Mostly work-related, can't really discuss here. (customer behavior)

One thing I will say: If you change your mind and decide not to buy something, how about you put it back where you FOUND IT instead of, say, sticking it back in the cracker aisle so it can rot, only to be discovered a year later during inventory?

Waste not, want not, etc.


33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?

Cheese, cheese and more cheese.


34. Favorite Flower?

Azaleas, as my regulars readers are no doubt quite aware!


35. Favorite ice cream?

I adore most ice cream, except plain chocolate and banana.


36. Favorite fast food restaurant?

Taco Bell.


37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?

Twice!


38. From whom did you get your last email?

(I frequently avoid my voluminous email, a really bad habit. Because of course, then it just gets more voluminous, yes?)

I just received a link to an anti-Lou Dobbs/birther petition from MoveOn.org.


39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?

Loose Lucy's, my local Deadheads. Also, Horizon Records.


40. Do anything spontaneous lately?

Lately? Well, I spontaneously did an extra load of laundry yesterday!


41. Like your job?

When not totally bogged down in dumb-ass retail make-work bullshit like planograms and inventory, yes.


42. Broccoli?

Adore in all forms!


43. What was your favorite vacation?

Outer Banks, North Carolina.


44. Last person you went out to dinner with?

Mr Daisy.


45. What are you listening to right now?

I am listening to "Hang em High" from my weekend "instrumental oldies" post!


46. What is your favorite color?

Red.


47. How many tattoos do you have?

Four.


48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?

The entire world can consider itself tagged.


49. What time did you finish this quiz?

About 4:45 pm. (If I'd known you were gonna ask the time, I woulda tried to be a bit faster.)


50. Coffee Drinker?

Ohhhh you betcha, passionately! I prefer The Fresh Market brand(s), freshly ground and brewed. :)

Every autumn, I look forward to their pumpkin spice coffee, my all-time favorite, especially if served with real cream. ((faints from wonderfulness))

~*~

If you have the time and/or the wherewithal, consider yourself tagged!