Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday Tunes

I can't decide between the studio and live versions of Todd Rundgren's "Couldn't I just tell you"--so here are both of em. :)

I saw Todd Rundgren twice in the 70s (once at the infamous Legend Valley Jam) and this lovely tune was the definite high point for me on both occasions.

Couldn't I just tell you - Todd Rundgren (studio version from Something/Anything, 1972)



Couldn't I just tell you - Todd Rundgren (live at the Bottom Line, 5/14/78)



~*~

This video contains lots of nice vintage shots of Stills' entire career... I was attempting to find the heartbreakingly-sublime acoustic version of "Singin Call" by itself, but could only find these two songs joined as a duo. Looks like I'll have to settle for that!

"Singin Call" starts at approx the 4 minute mark, if you want to skip ahead.

You know you got to run/Singin Call - Stephen Stills (1973)