Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday Tunes: Delta Moon and more

Yes, I have great music for the masses, as always.

You are hereby commanded to listen to THIS! Does this jam or what?!

Delta Moon - Ain't No Train



~*~

Time for Steely Dan! (You know you can't go very long on DEAD AIR without encountering Steely Dan.)

Some wit on YouTube suggested that whoever doesn't like this song, should drink their big black cow and get out of here. I concur.

Steely Dan - Black Cow



~*~

My late mama, whom I miss terribly, used to say (when profoundly disgusted with people she knew), "From now on, all my friends are gonna be strangers"... and that expression came from this song. She said it her whole life.

Pardoned by no less than Ronald Reagan (jingoism can be helpful, if you're talented), Merle Haggard, ex-convict, is legally allowed to check the N box on the "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" question on future job applications.

He has such a classically beautiful country-and-western voice.

Merle Haggard - (All my friends are gonna be) Strangers



~*~

I know, we all love Bob Dylan, but after hearing this version, there simply is no other. (And I very much prefer JW's zinging electric blues-guitar to kazoos. Christ, what WAS he thinking?)

Yes, I think it can be EASily done... just take everything down to --

Johnny Winter - Highway 61



Enjoy!