Friday, August 26, 2011

Ain't skeered

Today I went to the radio station to record my promo for the upcoming "Daisy Deadhead show"... which of course will be a huge sensation and get me a book contract, as well as gigs on cable TV and beyond. (Or maybe not.) In any event, I was nervous, but I plowed through it in only two takes. I practiced my all-purpose mantra: Ain't skeered!

Well, how do I look? I know, you can't see people on the radio, but I thought I should wear a nice print dress anyway.

The show will be broadcast on Saturday mornings (9-10am) in the Fountain Inn area, carried throughout much of upstate South Carolina. Our first show will be on September 3rd, which is lucky because it's also the date in "Papa was a Rollin Stone" by the Temptations. (I think you all know I'd never start my show on an unlucky day!) Tune in to 1600 AM or 94.9 FM ... also you can listen online at WFISradio.com.

Yes, I am aware the website looks pretty Republican, except for Ed Schultz. I think I am only the second liberal on the station to date ... but it's high time to bring lefty radio to the UPSTATE!!!!

Caution: This is what happens when you run your mouth too much... we need this, we need that, we need lefty radio in the upstate, we need blah blah blah... at some point, someone is likely to call you on it, and say Hey, if I pay for the radio time, will you do the talking? (And they may even wait until you are unemployed, when they know you have the time to do it.) And what will you do, when it happens to you?

Recording my promo, I thought, what am I doing here?--and I remembered, it was my BIG MOUTH that got me here, so I will probably do okay. (PS: I can't wait to say "I paid for this microphone"--which I have secretly wanted to say ever since that other famous fella did.)

Stay tuned, sports fans.