Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Inglis Campaign sign: say what?

Zooming by on Pelham Road, I first thought this sign was a white man's hands *holding back* a black man's hands. Nah, I thought, couldn't be. Did I really see that? Then I saw it twice more in quick succession; the signs are suddenly all over upstate South Carolina.

Intrepid investigative reporter that I am, I parked on a side street and trekked through the weeds (if I get poison ivy, I blame Bob Inglis) to the first sign and took this photo.

Up close, the hands are not so obviously two different hues, but when one is hurriedly driving by, that's exactly what it looks like.

On close inspection, we see that the two "top hands" belong to the person (notably) wearing white, who is holding back the fire-hose held by the "bottom hands," a person (notably) wearing black. Probably just a coincidence!

Notice also, the prominent wedding ring and enormous old-school wristwatch worn by the white-clad "upper hands": Inglis is a married man (family values!) who CARES ABOUT THE TIME! (Time is money!) And the fire-hose is... the money spraying everywhere? Huh?!? (Does this mean the Republicans want to cut public money for fire stations, now?)

What do you think?

Sign paid for by the Inglis for Congress Committee! (Vote for FAYE!!!)