Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dead Air Church - Laughing

This song was recorded in 1973 for David Crosby's "solo" album (which was hardly solo) titled If Only I Could Remember My Name. Deadheads will particularly enjoy playing "name-that-musician" with this video, which includes the whole tribe of people playing on this song--as well as a look at David Crosby's long career, stretching all the way back to his time in the Byrds. Sweet, dreamy harmonies by Joni Mitchell, Grace Slick, Graham Nash. And that heartbreakingly-lovely steel guitar by Jerry Garcia. A beautiful, timeless song.

Have a peaceful sabbath, and don't forget to laugh in the sun.

~*~

I thought I met a man
Who said he knew a man
Who knew what was going on

I was mistaken

Only another stranger
That I knew

And I thought I had found a light
To guide me through
My night and all this darkness

I was mistaken

Only reflections of a shadow
That I saw

And I thought I'd seen someone
Who seemed at last
To know the truth

I was mistaken

Only a child laughing
In the sun


~*~

David Crosby - Laughing

[via FoxyTunes / David Crosby]