Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wal-Mart trashes my neighborhood, a photographic essay

Can you see how beautiful it was? In the last photo, I live just beyond the trees. I'm surprised they left any trees at all. In the third photo, the large building in the distance is the Michelin North American Headquarters.

You know, I understand capitalism. I understand marketing. I work in retail. But there is a Super-Wal-Mart about 10-12 miles south of here, and another about 15-20 miles northwest. It isn't like they haven't saturated the upstate South Carolina market already. Why do they keep taking more and more and more?

When I became vegetarian, it was easy. Meat and the idea of it, made me sick. Likewise, I now find it very easy to boycott Wal-Mart, cheap light bulbs and toothpaste be damned.

Because I hate them for what they have done.

Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

----------------
Listening to: Billie Holiday - For Heaven's Sake
via FoxyTunes